Skip to main content

Worlds Greatest Mother... (A Nice Cuppa)

Mother's Day class.

Welcome back

A couple of blogs ago, I mentioned the stamp from the set A Nice Cuppa -'Worlds greatest Mother' . Here are the makes from my mother's day class.

In advance of Mother's Day, I held two Mother's Day craft classes in my home. The ladies arrived and the creativity began!
Each guest selected their own card colour  (a 12" x 12" piece per guest) and Stampin Up ink from my collection and established their colour theme for the evening.


                                           The Gift Bags...
                                         

We opted for making the gift bags first. We cut from our 12" x 12" card  a piece measuring 28cm x 19cm, then used the gift bag punch board  to make the bags (scored at M on the board). Using up lots of paper scraps  from my piles and piles of Stampin' Up designer series papers (various collections!) we then decorated the bags. We filled the bags will a little bit of scrunched tissue paper, mini chocolate bars and lindt chocolate balls -mmmmmmm. 

The tag for the bag was made using the watercolour wishes- just for you sentiment, Papillion potpourri-bitty butterfly stamp and the coordinating bitty butterfly punch. We attached the tag to the bag using the wooden pegs.

                                          The Mother's day cards...


We made a card base using crumb cake card cut to 10.5cm x 29.7cm, then scored using the Stampin trimmer at 14.8cm. Using crumb cake ink we stamped the very vanilla card (9.6cm x 14cm) with the dictionary back ground stamp (retired product). After sponging it with a dauber  using crumb cake ink. We mounted this card onto the crumb cake base using the amazing tombo glue. We then stamped the World's greatest Mother stamp onto very vanilla card and punched it out using the artisan label punch (retired product). We punch another blank piece of card (left over from the initial 12" x 12" card that the ladies chose, cut in in half and mounted the very vanilla -World greatest Mother label onto the two halves of the artisan blank label -just to give it that little extra. Crumb cake ribbon  (retired product) finished off the card basics. Ten we used the other part of the 12" x 12" to cut out our butterflies using the big shot, precision base plate, the die brush and the Butterflies Thinlits  (for the larger swallow tail butterfly)  and the Bold butterfly framelits (for the smaller butterfly that sits within the larger butterfly). We threaded linen thread  through a gold metallic button (retiring -but currently still available until 31st May) and then fixed this to the middle of the smaller butterfly using glue dots.



                                          All the makes together...

Didn't the ladies do well -for some guest this was their first ever Stampin Up experience and they loved it.

Here are my makes during the run up to the class, I always like to try out different designs and always have a 'here's one I made earlier' to show the guests.


I can just see my Father's day prototype make peeking out behind the card on the left hand side of the photo....to find out more -contact me for a place at my father's day classes (10th June and 17th June) or join me after the 17th June to find out what we made.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So long! Farewell...2016 retiring products...

Welcome to INKspiration! Home of my love for all things crafty. I am a new Stampin up demonstrator and this is my very first blog hop -so I am really excited that you are joining me and the other JEMS today! Thank you for joining us on this fine Saturday morning for our new monthly blog hop. You will have seen some gorgeous makes as you have weaved your way through the JEMS VERY FIRST MONTHLY BLOG HOP. If this is the first blog you have come to then an equally warm welcome. I hope that you are INKspired by something you see here, but remember once you have visited this page, don't stop, press next and hop! It's that time of year, when we say goodbye to some of the wonderful Stampin up products  that have been part of the annual catalogue this year. The theme of this blog hop is retiring products. Here are a couple of cards that I have made using Stampin up retiring products . All Stampin up products are highlighted in bold italic type. Any products followed by (*), ar

In Colours!

Welcome once again to the Jems' Monthly Blog Hop. Grab yourself a nice cuppa and hop from one blog to the next and be INK-spired by what you see.  Our theme for this month, is the new In Colours 2016-2018..... so, here they are the new and gorgeous colours from Stampin Up. Which is your favourite? My favourite is the Emerald Envy. This colour (as you will see) has totally ink-spired my blog today. For me, today is Everything Emerald. My first little project came about when I fell in love with the new hostess stamp set Love you lots. If you want to get your hands on this adorable set, then contact your Stampin' Up demonstrator. If you currently don't have a Stampin Up demonstrator ,  then, don't miss out contact me to find out more about hosting Stampin up events and how to earn freebies too. Back to Love you lots. I think this frog is so cute...                                For my first little project, I stamped the frog image fro

So Happy this is in the New Catalogue!

I'm so HAPPY this in the NEW CATALOGUE The annual catalogue is now live and it is so exciting. It is full to bursting with gorgeous products. A new in colour range and some amazing new products and stamp sets which I just LOVE and can't wait to get my hands one. Of course, there are some products that I am so happy that they are in the new catalogue. As I am waiting on my order of new items to arrive (I just couldn't decide what I wanted first), I have based my blog hop contribution today on things that I am so happy that they are staying. I have chosen a few stamp sets (there are so many) that I really love using. First up.... Beautiful You meets Sheltering Tree. Beautiful You is a gorgeous photopolymer stamp set introduced in the spring/summer catalogue from Stampin' Up and it remains with us in the new 2017/2018 annual catalogue. YEAH. It was behind the inspiration for a project I made a little while ago. I combined the Beautiful You set wit