Skip to main content

So Happy this is in the New Catalogue!


I'm so HAPPY this in the NEW CATALOGUE

The annual catalogue is now live and it is so exciting. It is full to bursting with gorgeous products. A new in colour range and some amazing new products and stamp sets which I just LOVE and can't wait to get my hands one. Of course, there are some products that I am so happy that they are in the new catalogue.

As I am waiting on my order of new items to arrive (I just couldn't decide what I wanted first), I have based my blog hop contribution today on things that I am so happy that they are staying. I have chosen a few stamp sets (there are so many) that I really love using.

First up....

Beautiful You meets Sheltering Tree.


Beautiful You is a gorgeous photopolymer stamp set introduced in the spring/summer catalogue from Stampin' Up and it remains with us in the new 2017/2018 annual catalogue. YEAH. It was behind the inspiration for a project I made a little while ago. I combined the Beautiful You set with another favourite photopolymer stamp set of mine called Sheltering Tree. I was thrilled to see both sets in the new catalogue and when the theme of the blog hop was 'So Happy this is in the New Catalogue' I knew exactly which make I wanted to share. I did a step-by-step tutorial for this card on my blog back in March. I have copied this across at the end of this blog so feel free to take a look if you fancy having a go at this card yourself. If you do then I would really love to see your take on this. Some people have already shared their cards made inspired by this make and it is really wonderful to see inspiration snowballing.





Next up: Rose Wonder and Rose Garden thinlits


This was a sympathy card made for a friend. I love the simplicity of this set, yet also that it lends itself so beautifully to some very intricate and complicated creations too. There is a lot of potential in this set. I cut out the rose and leaves in whisper white card stock. The leaves were then sponged in pear pizzaz, and the rose was sponged  very lightly with pumpkin pie and daffodil delight...it almost came out peachy looking. Then using another of my favourite products -clear wink of stella brush, I went over the leaves and rose to make it sparkle. I am so happy the clear wink of stella is staying. I do get a little bit excited with the stella brush.

Leaves and rose after being 'stella-ed'




And finally; Butterfly Basics

Here's a little home décor I made using the Butterfly Basic stamp set. I really enjoyed making this and it sits in my living room. I think it just reminds us how versatile Stampin' Up products are cards, home décor, memory keeping -you name it -you can use Stampin Up products to craft it -or with the new amazing planner in the new catalogue- you can organise it too yippee.





Hope you have enjoyed today's makes. Happy Hopping. If you started your blog hop journey here make sure you hop back to the lovely Karen's blog to check out her gorgeous makes, or hop forward to see the fabulous Sharon and her wonderful creations. Click on the links under the images below to take you to your next destination. Have fun.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time, take care x



          
 kraftingK                                                  shari-anne-happycrafter




Beautiful You meets Sheltering Tree Tutorial from INKspiration Blog entry.




                                                      Create your Mask.



Stamp the 'dancing lady' in black archival ink onto card/paper or even a post -it note (I do prefer the latter especially if you stamp the image over the sticky part of the post-it as you can adhere it to your work as you stamp).


Card Blank Preparation

Stamp your 'dancing lady' in black archival ink onto your card blank (here I am using a piece of very vanilla card measuring 14.35cm x 10cm), then I have prepared my sheltering tree and soft suede ink pad for my first tree.  


Place the 'dancing lady mask' over the stamped image of the 'dancing lady' on the card blank, then stamp the tree's onto the card blank being careful not to move the mask (this is where using a post-it/sticky-note comes in really useful).



The first tree was stamped in Soft Suede ink and then I added grass using the 'grass' stamp from the Sheltering tree set, in pear pizzazz ink. As you can see, the mask remains in place and the tree and grass stamp, gets stamped onto my mask.



The second tree was stamped in crumb cake to try and give the illusion of distance, I felt that if it was in the distance, perhaps it would be paler. I also stamped off some of the green grass to give different texture to the greenery on the card front.


Add tree blossom.

Using the tree blossom stamp, I stamped the tree in the background with blushing bride, and the tree in the foreground with regal rose (ideally I would have used rose red, as regal rose is now a retired colour,  however, I currently don't own rose red yet -guess what will be arriving soon, hee hee, but these colours could be altered for different times of the year -she could dance through the seasons!)


The scene is now set -you can see just how much stamping has taken place with the mask still in place. Are your ready....time to remove the mask.....



Remove the mask...

The lady is now dancing in the blossom -beautiful. Time to work on the lady.



It looks like she has leaped off the page here...



The dress....Paper piece...


Stamp the dancing lady onto some designer series paper,  (here I used some Tasty Treats speciality designer series paper from the spring/summer catalogue) and then cut around the dress -remembering to cut to the outside of the black line. Again I stamped in the archival black ink.



I adhered the dress to the dancing lady with tombo glue and the adhered the scenery to the pool party card blank, again using my all time favourite tombo glue. Then I used the amazing new water colour pencils, calypso coral (number 2 in the pack) and a blender pen. I took the blender pen to the pencil tip, and added colour from the pencil to the tip of the pen to get a nice light skin tone colour for my lady, rather than going in heavy with the pencil. I used the blender pen sparingly as I used very vanilla card and not water colour paper or shimmery card and it worked beautifully.

Adding the sentiment...


Finally to complete the card, the sentiment was added -'life looks beautiful on you' from the Beautiful you set. I stamped this in soft suede on scrap pieces of very vanilla a few times and fussy cut out the words with my paper snips. I then, took my sponge dauber and crumb cake ink and sponged the edges of the teenie tiny pieces of card and the stuck them to the card with tombo to complete my project. I LOVED designing and making this. I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog today. Please leave a comment, I'd love to know where you have visited. Please join me again for some crafty fun.

Best wishes x
 







Comments

  1. Three beautiful cards, and I'm so glad that these are carried over into the new cataloguetoo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful cards - thanks for the tutorial!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and nice idea combining 'Beautiful You' with 'Sheltering Tree'. I love the blossoms on 'Sheltering Tree'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Lucy, so happy all those have stayed!! Need to use my beautiful you lady more this year! Beautiful cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely cards Lucy and great tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, great tutorial too, thanks! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree I'm glad the beautiful you and sheltering tree have carried over. Lovely makes. k x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 beautiful cards and a fabulous home decor project Lucy... and thanks for the how to... and a certain comment elsewhere earlier today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Lucy & thanks for the dancing girl tutorial. Very clever & one I'll be having a go at. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So long! Farewell...2016 retiring products...

Welcome to INKspiration! Home of my love for all things crafty. I am a new Stampin up demonstrator and this is my very first blog hop -so I am really excited that you are joining me and the other JEMS today! Thank you for joining us on this fine Saturday morning for our new monthly blog hop. You will have seen some gorgeous makes as you have weaved your way through the JEMS VERY FIRST MONTHLY BLOG HOP. If this is the first blog you have come to then an equally warm welcome. I hope that you are INKspired by something you see here, but remember once you have visited this page, don't stop, press next and hop! It's that time of year, when we say goodbye to some of the wonderful Stampin up products  that have been part of the annual catalogue this year. The theme of this blog hop is retiring products. Here are a couple of cards that I have made using Stampin up retiring products . All Stampin up products are highlighted in bold italic type. Any products followed by (*), ar

In Colours!

Welcome once again to the Jems' Monthly Blog Hop. Grab yourself a nice cuppa and hop from one blog to the next and be INK-spired by what you see.  Our theme for this month, is the new In Colours 2016-2018..... so, here they are the new and gorgeous colours from Stampin Up. Which is your favourite? My favourite is the Emerald Envy. This colour (as you will see) has totally ink-spired my blog today. For me, today is Everything Emerald. My first little project came about when I fell in love with the new hostess stamp set Love you lots. If you want to get your hands on this adorable set, then contact your Stampin' Up demonstrator. If you currently don't have a Stampin Up demonstrator ,  then, don't miss out contact me to find out more about hosting Stampin up events and how to earn freebies too. Back to Love you lots. I think this frog is so cute...                                For my first little project, I stamped the frog image fro